Wednesday, November 14, 2007

... a digression...




Once in a rare while a company, most likely one run by Asians, creates a product which has a name which is completely, and utterly misleading. Here, this pen seems to be quite normal: it writes, it most likely has a ball point and ink, and it has a sexy, ergonomic-type grip on it. Great. Wrong! Some dumb Asian, who thought he could create an apt title for a pen... well, he couldn't do it. "X-TEND", what the hell does this mean, it's not even a word in English. OK, OK, I'll cut him a break, it sounds like our word "Extend", so lets see, does it? Hell no! One may try, and try some more, but in this case, persist ency does not pay off. I am much smarter than the average man, and I could not figure out how to make this pen extend; I'm damn sure an average street walker could not extend this pen either. Wow, it unscrews, and all five parts can be interchanged with other shitty "X-TEND" pens. No thank you! The Asian man who created the moniker for this pen was probably the same man who writes things like " Thisa soya sauce makea fo a vera nice tase on rice an chicken an much more of you mos delctable dish" on the back of soy sauce bottles. He understands English. My ass. The name of this pen is quite bothersome to me because some Asian guy gave it a misleading name which made me contemplate suicide when I could not figure out how to extend the damn pen.

No comments: